HANDLOOMS AND TEXTILES
BRIEF INTRODUCTION ABOUT HANDLOOMS AND TEXTILES DEPARTMENT
There are (13) Primary weavers Coop. Societies registered in the Wanaparthy District (Cotton/Wool/Garment/ Powerlooms / Tailors) and the break up of the societies are as under:
Details of Weavers Co-op. Societies RegisteredSI. NoCategory of SocietiesNo. of Societies WorkingNo. of Societies DormantTotal
|1||Handloom Weavers Co-op. Societies||2||2||4|
|2||Wool Industrial Co-op. Societies||3||2||5|
|3||Garment Co-op. Societies||–||1||1|
|4||Tailors Co-op. Societies||–||3||3|
Survey of looms: As per the Survey of Handlooms conducted by the KARVY Institution, 339 geo tagged looms are available in the Dist. In the district, the following Developmental and Welfare schemes are being implemented by the Department of Handlooms & Textiles and the progress is as under.
1) Cash Credit:
(1)Society ie. WICS. Veltoor has been sanctioned Cash Credit for Rs.94.00 lakhs for the year 2018-19. The proposals for 2019-20 is being submitted to the DCCB ltd., Mahabubnagar, with due approval of the District Collector, wanaparthy.
2) Pradhanmanthri Mudra Yojana Scheme:
The Hon’ble Prime Minister has launched the Pradhanmanthri Mudra Yojana Scheme on 07-08-2016. The Scheme will be implemented by conduct of Awareness Programme to benefit under the scheme.
3) Pavalavaddi Scheme:
Under the Scheme, the Director of Handlooms and Textiles,AEPs,TS,Hyderabad has sanctioned an amount of Rs.10,24,430/- to the Wool Industrial Co.op. Society Ltd., Veltoor (V),Peddamandadi (M),Wanaparthy District for the quarters from 31.03.17 to 31.12.17, the same amount released to the said Society to credited into cash credit limit account. . And the proposals for the year 2018-19 have been submitted to the Director of Handlooms and Textiles, & AEPs., Telangana, Hyderabad with due approval of the District Collector, Wanaparthy.
4) National Handloom Development Scheme:
- Under the scheme, (2) Block Level Cluster proposals have been submitted to Government. The Government has sanctioned only (1) Block Level Handloom Cluster i.e., Veltoor (V), Peddamandadi(M) with a total project cost of Rs.104.60 lakhs to benefit (235) weaver members. The Government of India have sanctioned & released an amount of Rs.31.85 lakhs towards 1st installment through RTGS and released an amount of Rs. 20.27 Lakhs towards conduct of trainings in weaving, Designing and Dyeing and purchase of looms under skill up-gradation, Technology upgradation ,for ( 106) weavers.
- Another Cluster i.e. Amarchintha Block Level Cluster has prepared with an amount of Rs.146.90 Lakhs consisting of (209) handloom weavers of Amarchintha and Thippadampally villages is under submission of file to the Dist.Collector,Wanaparthy for approval .
5) Newly Introduced TSTFSSS Scheme(Telangana State Thirt Fund Savings-Cum-Security Scheme) :
Under the scheme, in the Dist. so far ( 473 ) weavers/ancillary weavers have been enrolled as per their Geo-tagging of looms and sanctioned / released/credited an amount of Rs.74.21 lakhs as states share upto August, 2019 as 16% of their wages against their savings deposited i.e. 8% of weavers.
6) Loan waiver scheme for Handloom Weavers:
The Government of Telangana has sanctioned and released an amount of Rs.1,37,36,159/- in respect of (424) individual handloom weavers to the Wanaparthy District, the same amount has been released and transferred to concerned (09) Bank branches for waive off of individual loans with due approval of the Dist.Collector, Wanaparthy.
7) 40% Input Subsidy Linked Wage compensation(Chenetha Mithra):
Under the scheme, (10) Master Weavers applications have been registered for get 40% input subsidy on purchase of Raw material i.e. Silk/Cotton/Wool yarn, dyes and chemicals and (12 ) Master weaver Groups subsidy claims have been Approved for sanction of Rs.3,59,200/- by HOD to get benefited to the Master weaver ,main weaver ,ancillary workers proportionately .
SCHEMES AND ACTIVITIES IN HANDLOOMS AND TEXTILES DEPARTMENT IN WANAPARTHY DISTRICT
STATE GOVERNAMNET SCHEMES: –
- Cash Credit Scheme: –
The Cash Credit limit is provided beginning of every financial year to the Primary Handloom Weavers Co-operative societies for the production activities of the societies, subject to the following eligibility conditions.
- Society should be functioning as production-cum-sales unit.
- Society should be viable / potentially viable and should have paid Manager/ Secretary.
- Society should have positive Net Disposable Resources (NDR). NDR should be worked out as the aggregate of owned funds and deposits of the society minus the investments in Government and other trustee securities, share in cooperative institutions, fixed assets, fixtures and fittings and accumulated losses, if any.
- Society should not be placed ‘D’ Class audit.
- Audit of the society should not be in arrears for more than Two years (i.e. for sanction of credit limits to SCBs/ DCCBs for financing Primary Handloom Weavers Co-operative Societies during 2019-20, audit of society should have been completed up to 2018-19 Bank should sanction society wise credit limits as per the prescribed norms and ensure that drawl made on the consolidated sanctioned credit limit or utilized only for financing eligible societies and as per the norms prescribed by NABARD.
Under the scheme, (1) Society has been sanctioned/released an amount of Rs.175.00 Lakhs for the year 2021-22 to provide more work to the Handloom Weavers of Wool Industrial Co.op. Society Ltd., Veltoor (V), Peddamandadi (M), Wanaparthy District.
2) Pavalavaddi Scheme: –
The Government in order to make available the required working capital to the Handloom Weavers Co-operative Societies at concession rate of interest and reduce the interest burden on the societies have formulated a scheme called
“PAVALA VADDI” to Handloom Weavers Co-operative Societies.
The difference of interest over and above 3% charged by the banks shall be reimbursed by the Government to the respective cash credit accounts of the
Co-operative Societies, subject to a maximum of 9.5% interest subsidy in case of PWCS. The scheme shall come in to effect from 01-04-2008.
Under the Scheme, the Commissioner of Handlooms and Textiles, AEPs, TS, Hyderabad has sanctioned an amount of Rs.15,37,799/- to the Wool Industrial Co.op. Society Ltd., Veltoor (V),Peddamandadi (M),Wanaparthy District for the quarters from 31.03.18 to 30.09.19, the same amount released to the said Society to credited into cash credit limit account and the proposals for the year 2021-22 have been submitted to the Commissioner of Handlooms and Textiles, & AEPs., Telangana, Hyderabad with the approval of the District Collector, Wanaparthy for sanction.
:: 2 ::
3) Distribution of Bathkamma Sarees: –
The state Government has launched a programme called Bathukamma Sarees on the eve of Bathukamma Festival to the BPL women aged above 18 years.
Under the scheme for the year 2021-22 (1,84,000) Bathukamma Sarees were supplied to the Wanaparthy District by the Government
4) Chenetha Mithra (Input subsidy linked wage compensation scheme): –
The Government of Telangana State have introduced a scheme called Chenetha Mithra in the year 2017, the scheme is applicable to all Handloom Weavers in Cooperative and outside cooperative fold, Primary Weavers Cooperative Societies, Weaver entrepreneurs engaged in weaving profession and individual weavers forming self-help groups, purchasing cotton Hank Yarn, Domestic Silk and wool and Dyes and chemicals through NHDC empaneled firms.
Under the scheme the geo –tagged weavers along with the ancillary workers have to register their names in Online portal, after registration the Asst.Director (H&T) will verify the registrations and will give approval to the eligible weaver’s groups/societies/individual weavers. Further the concerned group have to purchase the yarn from the NHDC empaneled firm and to submit the production plans details and upload Yarn bills in the online portal. The production Plan will be approved and recommended for 40% subsidy by the AD (H&T) after completion of (45) days production Plan period.
Further the subsidy amount shall be directly to the beneficiary’s accounts i.e. Master weavers, Geo-tagged Main weavers and ancillary workers bank accounts through DBT.
Under the scheme, (654) Master Weavers/ Main weavers and ancillary weavers have been enrolled into the scheme and ana amount of Rs.44.513 lakhs have been released / transferred into their individual accounts through DBT method.
5) NETHANNAKU CHEYUTHA (THRIFT FUND SCHEME): –
“Telangana State Handloom Weavers Thrift fund and Savings –cum-Security scheme” for the benefit of the Handloom weavers.
The scheme is applicable to all the Handloom Weavers engaged in the weaving profession and handloom activity including coop./outside coop.fold and in allied pre-weaving/preparatory activities like Dyeing/Designing/Warping/Winding/Sizing etc.,.
Under the scheme, in the Dist. so far (972) weavers/ancillary weavers have been enrolled as per their Geo-tagging of looms and sanctioned / released/credited an amount of Rs.14.47 lakhs as state share of 16% up to Nov-2021 of their savings deposited i.e. 8% of weavers.
7) Survey of looms: –
As per the Survey of Handlooms conducted by the KARVY Institution, (403) geo tagged looms are available in Wanaparthy Dist.
:: 3 ::
CENTRAL GOVERNAMNET SCHEMES: –
1) Pradhanmanthri Weavers Mudra Yojana: –
Under the scheme the Handloom weavers are being provided loans for purchase of Raw-Material and for purchase of Handloom machinery.
For the year 2021-22 a target (170) Units have been allocated by the Commissioner of Handlooms and Textiles & AEPs., Telangana, Hyderabad. The concerned Banks have been requested for sanction of Loans under weaver mudra Yojana Scheme.
2) Pradhan Manthri Jeevan Jyothi Bheema Yojana (PMJJBY): –
Pradhan Mantrhi Jeevan Jyothi Bheema Yojana Scheme (PMJJBY) Scheme offering Life insurance cover for death due to any reasons it would be a (1) year cover renewable on year to year basis, under this scheme all Handloom weavers are eligible, who are the age group of 18 to 50 years. Further Rs. 2.00 lakhs are payable to the beneficiary’s death due to any cause for (1) year period from 1st June-2021 to 31st May -2022.
The Annual Premium is Rs.330/- will be shared as under: –
3) Pradhan Manthri Suraksha Bheema Yojana (PMSBY) :-
The Pradhan Manthri Suraksha Bheema Yojana (PMSBY) scheme is an Insurance Scheme offering accidental insurance cover for death or disability. It would be a (1) year cover, renewable for year to year basis, under this scheme all Handloom weavers are eligible, who are the age group of 18 to 50 years.
Further risk coverage available will be Rs.2.00 lakhs for accidental death and permanent total disability and Rs.1.00 lakhs for permanent partial disability, for (1) year period from 1st June-2021 to 31st May -2022.The annual premium of Rs.12/- will be borne by the Government of India.
Steps are being taken for enrollment of weavers into the scheme for implementation.
4) NATIONAL HANDLOOM DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME:
- Under the scheme, (2) Block Level Clusters proposals have been submitted to Government. The Government has sanctioned only (1) Block Level Handloom Cluster i.e., Veltoor (V), Peddamandadi(M) with a total project cost of Rs.104.60 lakhs to benefit (235) weaver members. The Government of India have sanctioned an amount of Rs.31.75 lakhs towards 1st installment and 2nd installment of Rs.17.00 lakhs conduct of trainings in weaving, Designing and Dyeing and purchase of looms under skill up-gradation, Technology upgradation of weavers.
- Another Cluster i.e. Amarchintha Block Level Cluster has prepared the Detailed Project Report with an amount of Rs.125.10 Lakhs consisting of (209) handloom weavers of Amarchintha and Thippadampally villages of Wanaparthy District. The sanctions are awaited.
5) 10 % Yarn supply scheme: –
Under 10% yarn supply scheme shall be available on reimbursement basis through Direct Beneficiary Transfer (DBT), freight reimbursement depot operating expenses and service charge to implementing agency for supply of yarn in plains, Hills and remote areas and North east region have been rationalised. Yarn depots shall be opened in the Handloom concentrated areas to ensure regular and timely supply of yarn. The NHDC shall set up at least one-year yarn warehouse in every state. Further the 10% Yarn subsidy is also available on linen yarn. In Telangana state the National Handloom Development Corporation (NHDC), Hyderabad will implement the 10% Yarn supply scheme.