Telangana government provides one nutritious meal every day to pregnant and lactating women and children below the age of six through Anganwadi centres. The scheme was launched officially on January 1, 2015, by Honourable Chief Minister Sri K. Chandrashekar Rao. For the women, 200 ml of milk for 25 days a month and one egg each day will be given with meal. Children, aged between seven months and three years are provided with 16 eggs a month in addition to a 2.5 kg food packet. For children aged between 3 and six years, one egg a day in addition to rice, dal, vegetables and snacks is supplied. The quantity of food items supplied under the scheme has also been increased across all the categories.
Objectives of “Arogya Laxmi programme”:
- Enhance the quality and acceptability of supplementary nutrition by the Pregnant and Lactating women
- Ensure food supplied is consumed by only the Pregnant and Lactating womenratherthanthe whole family
- Ensure that Pregnant and Lactating women consume 90+ IFAtablets.
- Improve the enrollment of mothers at AnganwadiCenters (AWCs).
- Eliminate or decrease the number of Pregnant and Lactating women with anaemia/ who are undernourished.
- Reduce the incidence of low birth babies and malnutrition among children.
- Ensure that Pregnant and Lactating women receive health checkups and immunization.
- Reduce the incidence of infant mortality and maternal mortality.
Women and Childrens
One nutritious meal every day to pregnant and lactating women and children below the age of six through Anganwadi centres
How To Apply
For more information click on http://wdcw.tg.nic.in/Arogya_Lakshmi.html